October 29th, 2021
Dear Central Manor Families:
Parent and Teacher Conferences will be held this year in November. Teachers will be scheduling most of the conferences during the afternoons of November 22nd and November 23rd. While we hope that most of the conferences can be scheduled during the afternoon hours, we will have a limited number of evening appointments available on Monday, November 22nd to accommodate parents who work during the day. Conferences will be held from 1:45-8:00 PM on Monday, November 22nd and from 1:45-3:45 PM on Tuesday, November 23rd. For our kindergarten families, there is an additional day for you that will be communicated by your child’s kindergarten teacher.
Since we schedule conferences with every parent, we plan on a 15-minute time schedule to discuss each child. If you have a concern which will require a more lengthy discussion, please reach out to the teacher and schedule an additional meeting time. We are providing parents with the option of holding parent/teacher conferences face-to-face or virtually. Teachers schedule one conference for each student. We ask that divorced/separated parents attend their child’s conference at the same time. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Please note that face coverings are required in school at this time. In order to attend a face-to-face conference, all individuals must wear a face covering. If this is not possible, we will arrange a phone or virtual appointment.
You will get a link from your child’s teacher that you will use to log in and secure a timeslot that works for you. There might be dates/times that are out of those two days available depending on staff availability.
To plan ahead for conferences:
Here is a quick Youtube video to explain how to sign-up for our parent-teacher conferences. PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO FIRST BEFORE SIGNING UP!
- Look at your calendar, select dates/times that will work best for your family. Please remember we only host one conference, so it is very important that blended families coordinate this in advance.
- A Gmail account must be used to schedule an appointment. If you have one, we suggest you use that. (Please sign up for the conference and include your child’s name in some way.)
- If you do NOT have a Gmail account, you will use your child’s login information to sign up for the conference. Your child’s username is his/her 6 digit student ID. For example, “email@example.com” Your child also has a password that is specific to only him/her. You will need to use this password.
- After you sign up for your conference, an email confirmation will be sent to the Gmail account of the teacher and also to the account you used to sign up.
- A parent tip: If you sign up using your child’s account, please hold on to their log in information, because you will need the date/time of the conference to log back in for the google meet conference.
- If you are unable to sign up for a conference using your child’s computer, please contact Mrs. Megan Smith, our building secretary at (717) 872-1401 to schedule your appointment.
- We ask that you please sign-up for your child’s conference no later than Friday, November 5th.