Parents—we are seeking your help so your child can get the best virtual learning experience during our virtual Wednesday sessions. Teachers are planning lessons for online learning on Wednesdays, and we ask that all students approach these days with the educational commitment as if they were in the classroom. We recognize that this is new and NOT how we wish it could be, but our teachers are committed to providing quality instruction during these times. Here are reminders about appropriate conduct during a google meet with CM teachers:
- Children should be in front of their laptops, seated and ready to learn.
- Cameras should be on at all times during the session for all children during the lesson.
- Students should pick one location to remain for the duration of the lesson. This location should be an appropriate learning space.
- If children need to leave camera for a restroom break or another reason, they need to ask permission from their teacher to leave the meet or turn their camera off.
- Messages sent to the chat during the lesson are reserved for instructional purposes ONLY.
- Children should refrain from eating while on their meets. Please use the break time between subjects if a snack is needed.
- Work space should be free of pets and toys since these are distracting to our learners.
- Parents are encouraged to support their learner at home, but to not actively participate in the lessons.
Moving forward, Mr. Malek and Mrs. Suydam ask all grade 3-6 students to show Central Manor leadership during online learning sessions. We plan to visit your virtual sessions this Wednesday. Thank you for helping us as we navigate these new online lessons.